So maybe you’ve heard of NingXia Red. And maybe you haven’t. But hopefully after you read this, you’ll know why it’s a must-have in your wellness arsenal!
What’s in NingXia Red?
A key ingredient to pay attention to is the wolfberry. These grow in the NingXia Provence of China and are touted for being amazing for our health. Do some research and you’ll learn how awesome this is – or keep reading and I go over a lot of the benefits of this juice in a minute…
You’ll also find the following in NingXia Red juice: blueberry juice concentrate, plum juice concentrate, cherry juice concentrate, aronia juice concentrate, pomegranate juice concentrate, pure vanilla extract, grape seed extract, orange essential oil, yuzu essential oil, lemon essential oil, and tangerine essential oil. (Additional natural flavorants and additives are in NingXia Red, too – see product label for full ingredient list.)
What benefits do you get from the ingredients in NingXia Red?
- Amino acids and protein: Amino acids are the building blocks of protein – something I think we all know we need in our diet.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin) and vitamin B2 (riboflavin): These two help you convert the food you eat into energy. This is critical for the growth, development, and how cells function in your body.
- Vitamin B6: This is needed for your body’s metabolism. B6 is also important to your immune system and pregnant women should get plenty of this vitamin to help with the brain development of their baby. B6 may also help pregnant women with nausea and vomiting.
- Beta-carotene: This is converted by our bodies into vitamin A, which is critical for your immune system, vision, and reproduction. It also supports your cells, specifically those that affect your heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs.
- Vitamin C: This acts as an antioxidant and supports your immune system. (Note: You’ll see more below on additional antioxidants.) Your body needs vitamin C to make collagen (a protein that helps wounds heal). Vitamin C also helps you to properly absorb iron (a mineral you need for your body to grow and develop) from plant-based foods like spinach and kale.
- Calcium: This helps with cardiovascular, muscle, nerve, cellular, and hormone health.
- Vitamin E: This acts as an antioxidant to help protect the cells in your body from free radical damage. This helps to prevent the development of some chronic diseases. We are exposed to free radicals in our environment and they’re also formed when our bodies convert food into energy. Vitamin E is also critical to our immune system and cardiovascular system.
- Ellagic Acid: Research has shown that this has anti-carcinogenic, anti-viral, and anti-inflammation effects.
- Phytonutrients: These are plant nutrients that may provide health benefits including prevention or treatment of disease and physiological disorders; supporting your immune system, liver, brain, and healthy blood cholesterol; and providing antioxidant, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-spasmodic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-aging, and analgesic effects.
- Potassium: This is a type of electrolyte that your body needs to build proteins and muscle, convert and use carbohydrates, grow, support your heart, and regulate the acidity (acid-base balance) of your body.
- Prebiotics: These help your body prioritize the growth of good bacteria over bad bacteria. (Note: These differ from probiotics.)
- Polysaccharides: These are the major components of dietary fiber and support your digestive system.
- Proanthocynins: These, like other antioxidants, protect you against oxidative stress. Oxidative stress occurs when the free radicals beat your body’s antioxidant defenses and can damage your cells. Note that oxidative stress can negatively impact pregnancy and reproduction along with other functions of and systems in your body.
So those are the major ones and that’s a lot, right? Basically, when you look at the ingredients of this juice assembled holistically, you’re going to support your overall health and just about every aspect of your wellness!
How do I consume NingXia Red?
Drink 1-6 oz. daily. I love to split mine between the morning – to help me get going – and in the afternoon when I need a pick-me-up.
And trust me, this stuff isn’t hard to drink. Many “healthy” juices taste awful – I know. But this one goes down pretty smooth. And you can always spice it up with essential oils from the Young Living Vitality (dietary) line to suit your palate!
How do I get NingXia Red?
And be sure to note that Young Living also has:
- NingXia Nitro: Swap out your less healthy energy shots for this healthier alternative with a caffeine boost!
- NingXia Zyng: Swap out soda, energy drinks, and other unhealthy caffeinated beverages for this go-to!
- Chocolate-Covered Wolfberry Crisp Bars: Get the benefits of wolfberries in bar-form with this delicious, nutritious, 120-calorie snack!