One of my favorite desserts is apple crisp, but all the sugar and butter will wreak havoc on your stomach when you start eating healthier. Lucky for me, I discovered a healthier take on this classic recipe which I’m sharing with you today!
Einkorn Granola Apple Crisp
- 2 large apples
- Young Living Fruit & Veggie Spray (or Wash)
- Coconut oil (liquid or melted)
- Young Living Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- Young Living Einkorn Granola
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash apples with Thieves Fruit & Veggie Spray.
3. Dice apples into 1/2 inch cubes. Place apple pieces into stoneware or an oven-safe glass container.
4. Drizzle 1-2 Tbsp. melted or liquid coconut oil over the apples. Toss the apple pieces to fully coat the apples with oil.
5. Add 1-2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil to the apple/coconut oil mix. Continue to toss the apple pieces to mix up the essential oil and coconut oil, coating all apple pieces.
6. Add 1.5 cups Einkorn Granola (or more to taste) to the dish. Mix well.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Enjoy the awesome aroma in your kitchen as you bake!
8. Let the dish cool a bit, then plate and enjoy!
Insider Tip: This left the apples slightly crispy which my husband and I loved! If you like more tender apples, consider baking the apples for a bit before adding the granola.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!